The font preview Dashboard Widget
FontSee is a Dashboard Widget that lets you preview sample text in every available font on your system, either manually, or by “playing” them.
- Your own text
- Fonts can be changed manually with either the popup or the ‘back’ and ‘forward’ buttons
- Fonts can be “played” via the ‘play’ button
- Text size can be adjusted via the ‘a’ and ‘A’ buttons
- Play interval can be set by the user
What’s New in 1.3
- Handles text pasted from the clipboard correctly.
- Rebuilds font database on reload (Cmd-R) to catch newly enabled/disabled fonts.
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger is required. If you’re using Safari, click the download link. When the widget download is complete, show Dashboard, click the Plus sign to display the Widget Bar and click the widget’s icon in the Widget Bar to open it. If you’re using a browser other than Safari, click the download link. When the widget download is complete, unarchive it and place it in /Library/Widgets/ in your home folder. show Dashboard, click the Plus sign to display the Widget Bar and click the widget’s icon in the Widget Bar to open it.
Questions/Comments/Feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.